Friday, September 14, 2012

Abnormal Quotes

You don't want to love - your eternal and abnormal craving is to be loved. You aren't positive, you're negative. You absorb, absorb, as if you must fill yourself up with love, because you've got a shortage somewhere. 
David Herbert Lawrence 


To study the abnormal is the best way of understanding the normal. 
William James 


I guess I'm attracted to these off beat roles because my life has been a bit abnormal. The only thing I have a problem with is being labeled. 
Johnny Depp 


Nietzsche was stupid and abnormal. 
Leo Tolstoy 


I have a problem when people say something's real or not real, or normal or abnormal. The meaning of those words for me is very personal and subjective. I've always been confused and never had a clearcut understanding of the meaning of those kinds of words. 
Tim Burton 


When your results are good, you are obviously going to have a lot of press. And when you start to falter a little bit, you are going to have some criticism, and there is nothing abnormal in that. 
Carlos Ghosn 


Shrinking away from death is something unhealthy and abnormal which robs the second half of life of its purpose. 
Carl Jung

I am very abnormal... But it wasn't very long ago that I wasn't so abnormal. I was very normal and headed for a lifetime of paying medical bills as proof of my normalcy. 
Dirk Benedict 


Power when wielded by abnormal energy is the most serious of facts. 
Henry B. Adams 


Living is abnormal. 
Eugene Ionesco 


I truly cannot imagine men with men, women with women, doing what they were not physically created to do, without abnormal stress and misbehavior. 
Jerry Falwell 


It's sad that the most glorious of sexual experiences can make us feel guilty, ashamed, embarrassed, and abnormal. 
Sue Johanson 


I was diagnosed with hypoglycemia, an abnormal decrease of sugar in the blood. Eventually I learned to eat five small meals a day. Now if I'm making a movie and get hungry, I call time out to eat some crackers. 
Carol Alt 


All of us are mad. If it weren't for the fact every one of us is slightly abnormal, there wouldn't be any point in giving each person a separate name. 
Ugo Betti 


Variability is the law of life, and as no two faces are the same, so no two bodies are alike, and no two individuals react alike and behave alike under the abnormal conditions which we know as disease. 
William Osler 


I thought it was something peculiar to me. I thought I was abnormal. 
Louise Brown 


I like to take these unusual characters and then make them as normal as possible, because we all know that the tragedy and the abnormal always hides itself behind the normal. 
Isabelle Huppert 


Guardians are necessary for children and abnormal adults, because they cannot make responsible choices for themselves. 
Tom G. Palmer 


Libertarians argue that no normal adult has the right to impose choices on other normal adults, except in abnormal circumstances, such as when one person finds another unconscious and administers medical assistance or calls an ambulance. 
Tom G. Palmer 


Yes, I remember the barbed wire and the guard towers and the machine guns, but they became part of my normal landscape. What would be abnormal in normal times became my normality in camp. 
George Takei


The size of my head though is pretty abnormal. 
Philip Seymour Hoffman 


They meant abnormal. Divisions of the kind were fashionable at that time, and it was so easy to stifle one's need to help by deciding that help could neither be accepted nor understood. 
Janet Frame 


It wasn't until school that we realised that we were abnormal. 
Gilbert Hernandez 


It may be an extreme example brought about by abnormal circumstances - but the criteria of human rights kick in, surely, precisely when the conditions are extreme and the situation is abnormal. 
Breyten Breytenbach 


Mob law is the most forcible expression of an abnormal public opinion; it shows that society is rotten to the core. 
Timothy Thomas Fortune 


I believe, however, that such abnormal moments can be found in everyone, and it is all the more fortunate when they occur in individuals with creative talent or with clairvoyant powers. 
Giorgio de Chirico 

No comments:

Post a Comment