Thursday, September 13, 2012

Tricky Quotes

People teach their dogs to sit; it's a trick. I've been sitting my whole life, and a dog has never looked at me as though he thought I was tricky. 
Mitch Hedberg 

Positive rights are the right to shelter, the right to education, the right to health care, the right to a living wage. These things are - these are, I would call them, more properly, political rights rather than positive rights. And they are extremely tricky, because now we are dealing with things that are zero sum. 
P. J. O'Rourke 

Death is inevitable, but Life - that's the tricky bit where things happen. 
Simon Travaglia 

It's incredible how nature sets females up to take care of people, and yet it is tricky for them to take care of themselves. 
Bjork 

I've learned that life is very tricky business: Each person needs to find what they want to do in life and not be dissuaded when people question them. 
Eli Wallach 

Art is very tricky because it's what you do for yourself. It's much harder for me to make those works than the monuments or the architecture. 
Maya Lin 

I just do my thing and try each show to be more honest about why I am and who I am. It's quite tricky and actually nerve-racking to do that. It's kind of a happy train wreck. 
Craig Ferguson 

What I find sometimes that is tricky is if actors are using too much of their own life in a picture, in a scene, they get locked into a particular way to play the scene, and it lacks an immediacy. 
Tom Cruise 

The business is a very tricky obstacle course, and you should be very clear about work begetting work. If you're not working, you're not interesting. 
Elisabeth Rohm 

Success, in whatever form it takes, is a tricky thing - once you've achieved your goal, then what? Where do you aim? 
Arabella Weir 

Ideas aren't magical; the only tricky part is holding on to one long enough to get it written down. 
Lynn Abbey 

This is a tricky domain because, unlike simple arithmetic, to solve a calculus problem - and in particular to perform integration - you have to be smart about which integration technique should be used: integration by partial fractions, integration by parts, and so on. 
Marvin Minsky 

We don't have sources who are dissidents on other sources. Should they come forward, that would be a tricky situation for us. But we're presumably acting in such a way that people feel morally compelled to continue our mission, not to screw it up. 
Julian Assange 

It's a tricky place, especially the last sector. I wasn't happy in practice. I wasn't happy with the car and I wasn't happy with myself. But I always thought there was more in the car. 
Sebastian Vettel 

The secret of all effective originality in advertising is not the creation of new and tricky words and pictures, but one of putting familiar words and pictures into new relationships. 
Leo Burnett 

The secret of all effective advertising is not the creation of new and tricky words and pictures, but one of putting familiar words and pictures into new relationships. 
Leo Burnett 

The present hardly exists, after all-it becomes the past even as it happens. A tricky medium, time - and central to the concerns of fiction. 
Penelope Lively 

The only thing that's a little tricky about it is sometimes people assume that if it's a new song, it's a reflection of what you're feeling or going through now. 
Richard Marx 

Calculating how much carbon is absorbed by which forests and farms is a tricky task, especially when politicians do it. 
Donella Meadows 

The trick of making movies in this culture is how to not give up everything that makes them worthwhile in order to get them made - and that's a tricky balance. 
Alex Winter


So I have the classic amateur's technique; I know some very tricky bits and I have large gaping holes. 
Bill Bruford 


What a word is truth. Slippery, tricky, unreliable. I tried in these books to tell the truth. 
Lillian Hellman 

It gets really tricky giving advice. The older I get, the less advice I give. 
Anne Heche 

I used to hang out with Salvador Dali a lot. He was such a nice man. I really liked his wife Gala, too. People say that she was tricky, but she was never difficult with me. 
Jerry Hall 

The tricky thing becomes: Do you know yourself well enough to then portray that on screen? And for me, I find that really hard. I'd rather hide behind accents and funny walks. 
Joel Edgerton 

It's tricky. I've never been standing at the top of the tree with tons of money thrown at me. I've never really had a profile. So in a way I have this 'nothing to lose' attitude. 
Joel Edgerton 

One of the tricky things about running a TV show is that you just never know how good the guest stars you cast on a weekly basis, how good they're going to be in the episode. Sometimes they surprise you in good ways and sometimes they surprise you in disappointing ways. 
Shawn Ryan 

Advice is such a tricky thing when you're young. 
Jena Malone 

Pride is a tricky, glorious, double-edged feeling. 
Adrienne Rich 

I personally think intellectual property is an oxymoron. Physical objects have a completely different natural economy than intellectual goods. It's a tricky thing to try to own something that remains in your possession even after you give it to many others. 
John Perry Barlow 

The subject matter is very tricky. It's about the Munich massacre and what Mossad did afterwards with the assassination squads. I think it's a turning point in history, especially for the Palestinians. 
Daniel Craig 

It's a very, very tricky situation. I haven't said yes to either of them. 
Brigitte Nielsen 

Most of us came out of Popeye, so turning Popeye into something believable was tricky enough. 
Gil Kane 

I felt a little green, because Shakespeare writes the thought process within the text; it was tricky not to think of what to say and then say it, and instead just deliver the lines. 
Neil Patrick Harris 

And my parents' separation was tricky. But my mum had always been really honest with me, and treated me like an adult even when I was really young, so I knew they hadn't been getting on. 
Lisa Snowdon 

Administering another country is always a very tricky proposition. 
Juan Cole 

When Demetrie got sick, we knew it was our responsibility to take care of her and pay her medical bills. And we embraced that. But the tricky part is, like so many families in the South, we also expected her to use a separate bathroom, to use separate utensils. 
Kathryn Stockett 

People want change but not too much change. Finding that balance is tricky for every politician. 
Eleanor Clift 

So now I feel I'm lucky in the respect that I can sort of pick a little more carefully, which is tricky because as a black actress, there aren't that many roles to pick from. 
Rachel True 

It was immediately apparent that it was full of tricky ingredients to balance. In fact, I found it very intriguing. What held me back from saying yes to the producer was that I wasn't sure who could play Truman. 
Peter Weir

No comments:

Post a Comment