Saturday, September 15, 2012

Spiritually Quotes

I made a commitment to completely cut out drinking and anything that might hamper me from getting my mind and body together. And the floodgates of goodness have opened upon me - spiritually and financially. 
Denzel Washington 


I've always wanted to improve on the idea of living well, In moderation, wine is good for you - mentally, physically, and spiritually. 
Robert Mondavi 


Life is growth. If we stop growing, technically and spiritually, we are as good as dead. 
Morihei Ueshiba 


Speaking very generally, I find that women are spiritually, emotionally, and often physically stronger than men. 
Gary Oldman 


I always try to keep the circumstances in my life fresh. I like to change the physical environment I live in, change the people around me and try to experience things for the first time. I think that keeps one on their toes, creatively and spiritually. 
Lenny Kravitz 


The great dream merchant Disney was a success because make-believe was what everyone seemed to need in a spiritually empty land. 
Arthur Erickson 


Mohammed was not an apparent failure. He was a dazzling success, politically as well as spiritually, and Islam went from strength to strength to strength. 
Karen Armstrong

Right now, it's really about my fans knowing that whatever I believed spiritually at the time is what I believed. I just wouldn't deliberately lie to them just to save my image. 
Brandy Norwood 


Spiritually, we're all on a path. I haven't declared of defined myself because as soon as you declare yourself you're identifying with a certain dogma. 
Emilio Estevez 


A lot of times when you go through a very traumatic situation and it's emotionally difficult to deal with you come back spiritually stronger. It changes you in a way. 
Elvis Stojko 


It is only because of problems that we grow mentally and spiritually. 
M. Scott Peck 


My job in this life is to give people spiritual ecstasy through music. In my concerts people cry, laugh, dance. If they climaxed spiritually, I did my job. I did it decently and honestly. 
Carlos Santana 


A life of reaction is a life of slavery, intellectually and spiritually. One must fight for a life of action, not reaction. 
Rita Mae Brown 


I began to see that my problems, seen spiritually, were really my soul's plusses. 
Lionel Blue 


What you feel spiritually. I think a lot of that has to do with it. If you have no spiritual life, chances are everything is going to aggravate you, you're going to fly off the handle at everything and that's what I did in the past. I've kind of got that under control now. 
Mike Ditka 


A man needs to look, not down, but up to standards set so much above his ordinary self as to make him feel that he is himself spiritually the underdog. 
Irving Babbitt 


Evolution is a bankrupt speculative philosophy, not a scientific fact. Only a spiritually bankrupt society could ever believe it. Only atheists could accept this Satanic theory. 
Jimmy Swaggart 


If our history can challenge the next wave of musicians to keep moving and changing, to keep spiritually hungry and horny, that's what it's all about. 
Carlos Santana 


In a spiritually sensitive culture, then, it might well be that age is something to be admired or envied. 
Rowan D. Williams 


Music is the wine which inspires one to new generative processes, and I am Bacchus who presses out this glorious wine for mankind and makes them spiritually drunken. 
Ludwig van Beethoven


Shaving my head was a millennium ritual, to not let it pass as just another New Year's Eve. A lot has happened to me in the last couple of years, personally and spiritually. I wanted to mark it for myself. 
Joan Jett 


Why didn't we recognize how much it bothered them spiritually and politically? 
Chris Matthews 


Why not hold on to whatever I've got because it's as good as it's ever going to get. How can I believe that love is coming, how can I even believe that love exists; if I don't believe it's spiritually based? 
Kenny Loggins 


I am attracting a new audience now, one that is more open and more spiritually inclined. 
Kenny Loggins 


I was in the middle of a crossroads, which is a nice way of saying crisis, physically, emotionally and spiritually. You know the physical part. We just talked about it. 
Star Jones 


I was spiritually bankrupt, and when that happens, it's like a spiritual cancer afflicts you. 
Mel Gibson 


Spiritually good people, pure in heart, who long for the Blessed Sacrament but cannot receive at the time, can receive spiritually... even a hundred times a day, in sickness and in health, with immeasurable grace and profit. 
Johannes Tauler

If you're not settled spiritually, things can be a little bit more chaotic than normal. 
Emmitt Smith 


But then when he left, I realized that it was harder to write songs and feel spiritually connected to art and music as a band. When he came back I felt it again, instantaneously. 
Anthony Kiedis 


My dad always said I was hard-headed, that it would take something like that to wake me up spiritually, and I guess it did. My heart had gotten so beat up that I didn't have anything left to give. 
Scott Stapp 


I was emotionally and spiritually dried up, so I was just searching for God. 
Scott Stapp 


What this does for me emotionally, psychologically and spiritually - to look in the mirror and not be ashamed - has been very important in not relapsing. 
Daniel Baldwin 


Even the two times that I left, I never really felt like I left the band. It's very bizarre. It's like there's sort of an umbilical cord that stretches between us spiritually. 
Rick Wakeman 


I can't explain it, but spiritually it makes sense - though I don't understand how it does make sense. 
Kevin McDonald 


I feel it most in my work, because there aren't roles about women who are spiritually evolving. That anyone would even write something like that, something that's worth doing, would be a miracle! 
Olympia Dukakis 


A musician has to find a way to make his music mean something special - spiritually or however you can. 
Charlie Byrd 


I have a notion that if you are going to be spiritually curious, you better not get cluttered up with too many material things. 
Mary Oliver 


The economic piece is still missing, since it's so hard to attract industry to reservations, but spiritually and educationally, they're doing just fine. Each tribe has a community college now, and they teach the language, they teach the traditions. 
James Welch 


Speaking for myself, my very integrity as a human being needs to include my freedom to explore who I am both spiritually and sexually. Not just to explore - but to practice. 
Malcolm Boyd 


If caregivers are not healthy, mentally well-balanced and spiritually sound, then those for whom they care will suffer. 
Leeza Gibbons


Me, I'm spiritually retarded, I need to be knee deep in water with a fly rod in my hands, that's about as close to God as I get. 
Steve Earle 


Running for President is physically, emotionally, mentally and spiritually the most demanding single undertaking I can envisage unless it's World War III. 
Walter F. Mondale 


What is right? Simply put, it is any assignment in which the photographer has a significant spiritual stake... spiritually driven work constitutes the core of a photographer's contribution to culture. 
William Albert Allard 


My deepest impulses are optimistic, an attitude that seems to me as spiritually necessary and proper as it is intellectually suspect. 
Ellen Willis 


The biggest problem in South Africa is that we have a disrupted timeline. Historically, politically, spiritually, economically, in people's minds, in people's heads. 
Abdullah Ibrahim 


Our people can draw on the tremendous strides made in recent years, not only in terms of advancing themselves spiritually and materially, but also in having weathered social and economic turbulence, triggered, in the main, by factors not of their own creation. 
Denzil Douglas

No comments:

Post a Comment