Friday, September 14, 2012

Psychic Quotes

Hastiness and superficiality are the psychic diseases of the 20th century, and more than anywhere else this disease is reflected in the press. 
Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn 

The sharing of joy, whether physical, emotional, psychic, or intellectual, forms a bridge between the sharers which can be the basis for understanding much of what is not shared between them, and lessens the threat of their difference. 
Audre Lorde 

The psychic task which a person can and must set for himself is not to feel secure, but to be able to tolerate insecurity. 
Erich Fromm 

If it's the Psychic Network why do they need a phone number? 
Robin Williams 

People need hard times and oppression to develop psychic muscles. 
Emily Dickinson 

Masses are always breeding grounds of psychic epidemics. 
Carl Jung 

I've tried everything. I've done therapy, I've done colonics. I went to a psychic who had me running around town buying pieces of ribbon to fill the colors in my aura. Did the Prozac thing. 
Jim Carrey 

I can never tell ahead of time which book will give me trouble - some balk every step of the way, others seem to write themselves - but certainly the mechanics of writing, finding the time and the psychic space, are easier now that my children are grown. 
Anne Tyler 

Hastiness and superficiality are the psychic diseases of the twentieth century, and more than anywhere else this disease is reflected in the press. 
Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn 

In my writing I am acting as a map maker, an explorer of psychic areas, a cosmonaut of inner space, and I see no point in exploring areas that have already been thoroughly surveyed. 
William S. Burroughs 

A large psychic void is left by a loss of faith. So many Catholics have tried so many things to replace it. 
Phil Donahue 

In America all too few blows are struck into flesh. We kill the spirit here, we are experts at that. We use psychic bullets and kill each other cell by cell. 
Norman Mailer 

Here's something to think about: How come you never see a headline like 'Psychic Wins Lottery'? 
Jay Leno 

Collectively, we are in thrall to media - because they deliver to us many of the psychic goods we crave, and we know no other way to live. 
Todd Gitlin 

When someone lives as a minority, they experience the world differently than those of us who live in the majority. We may occupy the same physical space, but we don't occupy the same psychic space. 
Jennifer M. Granholm 

I do like to live in other people's homes. I enjoy being a guest. I am an inexpensive guest. When one lives in another's home he can enter into the psychic kingdom of that person. 
Jerzy Kosinski 

I'm trying to interpret the film through the director's head, but it all comes out through me. So, a composer is kind of like a psychic medium. 
Danny Elfman 

The knowledge that there is a part of the psychic functions that are out of conscious reach, we did not need to wait for Freud to know this! 
Jacques Lacan 

And I thought about the psychic numbing involved in strategic projections of using hydrogen bombs or nuclear weapons of any kind. And I also thought about ways in which all of us undergo what could be called the numbing of everyday life. 
Robert Jay Lifton 

The term clinical depression finds its way into too many conversations these days. One has a sense that a catastrophe has occurred in the psychic landscape. 
Leonard Cohen


Keep a journal, and learn how to see how you as an individuals sees information so you can learn your own sign language. Meditate and practice psychic self defense and surrounding yourself with prayer. 
John Edward 

Nowadays even presidents, vice-presidents, and heads of big agencies are opening their minds to accept psychic phenomena, because they know it works. 
Uri Geller 

Admitting weakness seems to be such a severe psychic threat for Bush that when he makes a mistake it's safer just to reinforce it. The strategy creates a perverse system of rewards and punishments. 
Tina Brown 

I'm not psychic myself. 
Dionne Warwick 

Linda Georgian is a wonderful psychic. She can do amazing things. 
Dionne Warwick 

I used to be psychic, but I drank my way out of it. 
Mark E. Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment