Friday, September 14, 2012

Able Man Quotes

It is the working man who is the happy man. It is the idle man who is the miserable man. 
Benjamin Franklin 


I have somewhere met with the epitaph on a charitable man which has pleased me very much. I cannot recollect the words, but here is the sense of it: "What I spent I lost; what I possessed is left to others; what I gave away remains with me." 
Joseph Addison 


Time, which wears down and diminishes all things, augments and increases good deeds, because a good turn liberally offered to a reasonable man grows continually through noble thought and memory. 
Francois Rabelais 


There are one hundred men seeking security to one able man who is willing to risk his fortune. 
J. Paul Getty 


You must capture and keep the heart of the original and supremely able man before his brain can do its best. 
Andrew Carnegie 


While there is a chance of the world getting through its troubles, I hold that a reasonable man has to behave as though he were sure of it. If at the end your cheerfulness in not justified, at any rate you will have been cheerful. 
H. G. Wells 


To swear, except when necessary, is becoming to an honorable man. 
Quintilian

But my dad also was a remarkable man, a good person, a principled individual, a man of integrity. 
Sidney Poitier 


This is the mark of a really admirable man: steadfastness in the face of trouble. 
Ludwig van Beethoven 


Although Ronald Reagan was somebody I disagreed with on most ideological things, he was a friend of mine, and he was a very, very likable man. Ronald Reagan, for instance, was maybe more able to get the very rich to do the right thing sometimes. 
Warren Beatty 


My diet is mostly chicken and fish. I make sure I get a lot of vegetables, a lot of fruit. I am a big fruit man, I am a vegetable man anyway. And I also get a lot of rest. That's the key I may be up early, but I'm in bed early too. 
Magic Johnson 


No administration could stop the tidal wave of immigration that swept over the land; no political party could restrain or control the enterprise of our people, and no reasonable man could desire to check the march of civilization. 
Nelson A. Miles 


I don't know what a scoundrel is like, but I know what a respectable man is like, and it's enough to make one's flesh creep. 
Joseph de Maistre 


If they had Mozart today, they couldn't work with him, although he was a very adaptable man. 
Alexander Kluge 


Speak slowly, Michael. He is an honourable man. 
Arthur Cohn 


The American Army has supplied, assigned a very capable man to me, to help me, bring me to military justice. I don't think I need no civilians. All I want to do is clear myself with the American Army. 
Robert Jenkins 


A large nose is in fact the sign of an affable man, good, courteous, witty, liberal, courageous, such as I am. 
Edmond Rostand

No comments:

Post a Comment