Friday, September 14, 2012

Abstract Thought Quotes

To those who have exhausted politics, nothing remains but abstract thought. 
Honore de Balzac 

As you see, I do not treat the creation of fiction, that to say the invention and development of fantasies, as a form of abstract thought. I don't wish to deny the uses of the intellect, but sometimes one has the intuition that the intellect by itself will lead one nowhere. 
J. M. Coetzee 

For my own part, I abandon the ethics of duty to the Hegelian critique with no regrets; it would appear to me, indeed, to have been correctly characterized by Hegel as an abstract thought, as a thought of understanding. 
Paul Ricoeur 

You have something that exists in your head, and getting that abstract thought from your head into something that actually exists is a difficult process. 
Lazaro Hernandez

No comments:

Post a Comment