Thursday, September 13, 2012

Mechanics Quotes

In sleep, you are safe from the revolting mechanics of living and being a prey to outrageous fortune. 
Taylor Caldwell 

If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. 
Niels Bohr 

It is only the impossible that is possible for God. He has given over the possible to the mechanics of matter and the autonomy of his creatures. 
Simone Weil 

Einstein was searching for String Theory. It not only reconciles General Relativity to Quantum Mechanics, but it reconciles Science and the Bible as well. 
Roy H. Williams 

It is so characteristic, that just when the mechanics of reproduction are so vastly improved, there are fewer and fewer people who know how the music should be played. 
Ludwig Wittgenstein 

I can never tell ahead of time which book will give me trouble - some balk every step of the way, others seem to write themselves - but certainly the mechanics of writing, finding the time and the psychic space, are easier now that my children are grown. 
Anne Tyler 

Quantum Mechanics and General Relativity are both accepted as scientific fact even though they're mutually exclusive. Albert Einstein spent the second half of his life searching for a unifying truth that would reconcile the two. 
Roy H. Williams 

By reading a lot of novels in a variety of genres, and asking questions, it's possible to learn how things are done - the mechanics of writing, so to speak - and which genres and authors excel in various areas. 
Nicholas Sparks 

If you start any large theory, such as quantum mechanics, plate tectonics, evolution, it takes about 40 years for mainstream science to come around. Gaia has been going for only 30 years or so. 
James Lovelock 

My optimism is not based primarily on the successful march of democracy in recent times but rather is based on the experience of having lived in a fear society and studied the mechanics of tyranny that sustain such a society. 
Natan Sharansky 

By helping readers understand these mechanics, I hope they will appreciate why freedom is for everyone, why it is essential for our security and why the free world plays a critically important role in advancing democracy around the globe. 
Natan Sharansky 

It wasn't about mechanics; it was about a feeling, wanting to give someone something, which in turn was really gratifying. That really resonated for me. 
Thomas Keller 

At a car dealership, the person who sells the car is the hero, and also gets the commission. But if the mechanics don't service that car well, the customer won't return. 
Roger Staubach 

It is not enough to tackle the mechanics of terror organizations. We must also tackle the situations that create terrorists. We desperately need to address the frustration, the loss and the despair that drive some to these actions. 
King Hussein I 

I hadn't focused on mechanics since I signed professionally. 
Barry Zito 

Digital imaging allows both groups to rise above the limitations of mess and clutter and mechanics, and apply our talents to creating images limited only by our imaginations. 
Buffy Sainte-Marie 

If you examine this, I think that you will find that it's the mechanics of Japanese architecture that have been thought of as the direct influence upon our architecture. 
Minoru Yamasaki 

In relativity, movement is continuous, causally determinate and well defined, while in quantum mechanics it is discontinuous, not causally determinate and not well defined. 
David Bohm 

This is my first experience working in a foreign movie, but the mechanics, I think, are pretty much the same all over; you still have to wait in the trailer. 
Dennis Farina 

If we look at the way the universe behaves, quantum mechanics gives us fundamental, unavoidable indeterminacy, so that alternative histories of the universe can be assigned probability. 
Murray Gell-Mann


Now, what that means is that there is fundamental indeterminacy from quantum mechanics, but besides that there are other sources of effective indeterminacy. 
Murray Gell-Mann 

Golfers are forever working on mechanics. My tennis swing hasn't changed in 10 years. 
Pete Sampras 

We daily witness the beneficial effect produced to the community by the institution of premiums, held out to encourage the inventions of ingenious mechanics. 
Joseph Lancaster 

I also think that I had great mechanics. 
Dennis Eckersley 

As far as the mechanics go, working with other people on received ideas was for me a very interesting technical problem. I can't say that any of my collaborations engaged my heart, but they engaged the craftsman in me. 
Robert Sheckley 

I would do it today because the thing that appealed to me was not necessarily the mechanics of the robot, but it was his personality and how funny and charming he was. 
John Badham 

The problem is that replacement of Quantum Mechanics by Quantum Field Theory is still very demanding. 
Martin Fleischmann 

I overcame size with mechanics. 
Edwin Moses 

Quantum mechanics brought an unexpected fuzziness into physics because of quantum uncertainty, the Heisenberg uncertainty principle. 
Edward Witten 

Nobody taught Picasso how to paint - he learned for himself. And nobody can teach you to be a producer. You can learn the mechanics, but you can't learn what's right about a script or a director or an actor. That comes from instinct and intuition. It comes from inside you. 
Dino De Laurentiis 

It had more layers than an onion. These writers meant business. There was a level for everybody. Your major could be celestial mechanics, and there'd be celestial-mechanics jokes. 
Billy West 

The vast concourse of people who had assembled to witness the triumphant arrival of the successful travellers was of the lowest orders of mechanics and artisans, among whom great distress and a dangerous spirit of discontent with the government at that time prevailed. 
Fanny Kemble 

The south produced statesmen and soldiers, planters and doctors and lawyers and poets, but certainly no engineers and mechanics. Let Yankees adopt such low callings. 
Margaret Mitchell 

After some minor pieces of theoretical study that I worked on, a student in my statistical mechanics class brought to my attention a problem in polyelectrolytes. 
Rudolph A. Marcus 

The scientists often have more unfettered imaginations than current philosophers do. Relativity theory came as a complete surprise to philosophers, and so did quantum mechanics, and so did other things. 
Robert Nozick 

It will be hard work. It's always hard work, and hard work from everybody within the team - technical director, mechanics, drivers, engineers - everyone in the team. 
David Leslie 

I was 17 and just learning what high fidelity was, what good sound was, and learning the mechanics of tape machines. It was a real education, going right from the consumer end to the record factory. 
Alan Parsons 

My body is a vehicle for the mechanics of my sport. 
Gabrielle Reece 

I've refined my mechanics, refined my pitches. I've gotten more confidence, and I've gotten more determination. I've got a better idea what I'm doing out there. 
Randy Johnson 

I read Popular Mechanics, Popular Science, Reader's Digest... I read some responsible journalism, and from that, I form my own opinions. I also happen to be intelligent, and I question everything. 
Gary Coleman


Instead of explaining the sober facts of mechanics and electricity, I want to say a few words about the debt which we owe to youth; and with your permission I shall consider you as representing here not only the academic youth of Sweden nor even of Europe but also of America. 
Felix Bloch 

I've got a great team of engineers behind this race car. I've got a great bunch of mechanics that make it reliable. This car is developed to go out there and be better than the Reynard, and I feel that it is. 
Al Unser 

On television, everyone talks and they don't care about the mechanics. 
Paul Winchell 

After you start learning all about the mechanics of piloting a riverboat, you stop seeing all the pretty sunsets and you start thinking about the weather. 
John Hartford 

We had an erector set, and I was an avid fan of Popular Mechanics and Popular Science magazines. 
James Van Allen 

It is difficult for me to believe that quantum mechanics, working very well for currently practical set-ups, will nevertheless fail badly with improvements in counter efficiency. 
John S. Bell 

It's nice to have a catcher who knows my mechanics, too. That way if I get into trouble he can stop it before I get out of control. 
Tim Wakefield

No comments:

Post a Comment