Thursday, September 13, 2012

Martial Arts Quotes

To me, the extraordinary aspect of martial arts lies in its simplicity. The easy way is also the right way, and martial arts is nothing at all special; the closer to the true way of martial arts, the less wastage of expression there is. 
Bruce Lee 

Martial arts is not about fighting; it's about building character. 
Bo Bennett 

I knew nothing about martial arts. The coach told me I was talented with learning martial arts, and put me in a school. Three years later I got my first championship in China. 
Jet Li 

As a lifelong practitioner of martial arts, I'm trained to remain calm in the face of adversity and danger. 
Steven Seagal 

I always thought martial arts was the most modern choreography we could have right now, and I always wanted to put it to music. 
Lou Reed 

I don't think I'm in any position to call myself a martial artist. I'm a student of the martial arts. 
Lou Reed 

As a kid, I was heavily into martial arts and wanted to be the next Jean-Claude Van Damme. 
Chris Daughtry 

I wanted to be a martial arts film star when I was a teenager. 
Chris Daughtry 

My time of martial arts was traditional. 
Jean Claude Van Damme 

Bruce Lee was very famous. I watched his movies and he is amazing. He is a martial arts master, his philosophy, his movement, both physically and mentally, were very strong. 
Jet Li 

Since my teen years I was interested in martial arts. 
Tony Visconti 

I endured many weeks of it, but I had a big background in martial arts and fighting as a kid, so kind of all the problems got brushed away and I was ready. 
Jason Statham 

I've been doing Tai Chi on and off for 20 years. The fundamentals of all martial arts are the same. 
Terence Stamp 

Martial arts just normally would not draw me to the box office. 
Mary Hart 

I don't have to have any special skills or martial arts in my back pocket. 
Jason Ritter 

I think the book struck me in a few ways that I thought very interesting to pick it as my first martial arts film. It has a very strong female character and it was very abundant in classic Chinese textures. 
Ang Lee 

Zhang Yimou tried to use martial arts to talk about Chinese culture, Chinese people. What do they think, what do they want and what do they hope. 
Jet Li 

I've been learning martial arts since I was 8 years old. 
Jet Li 

You can use martial arts to tell a different story. Ang Lee used martial arts in "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon" to talk about love. 
Jet Li 

I think "Hero" is not a real martial arts movie; it is not about violence, or formula. 
Jet Li


I'm a martial arts buff, so anything martial arts. 
Noah Hathaway 

I knew nothing about martial arts. And I don't really like it! But in the film, I not only had to pretend that I knew all about it, I had to be the best at it. That was very difficult. 
Ziyi Zhang 

I know that one of the distinguishing things was I looked like I could hold a gun, even though I'd never held one before and I'm physically able to do the martial arts and all that stuff. 
Yvonne Strahovski 

A large part of my life revolves around my dad. Sometimes, I even feel a strong sense of connection, something very tangible when I learn something new in the martial arts. 
Brandon Lee 

When you have a background in combat sports, people think you're this martial arts expert, but really I'm just a guy who is able to do certain things without making a mess of himself. 
Rick Yune 

When you're dead weight, in the right position, you win. And in reality, you wouldn't see someone my size kicking seven martial arts experts and winning. 
Joan Severance 

It wasn't until I went to Korea out of high school and got exposed to the martial arts for the first time and was just completely enamored with the physical ability of the martial arts and making my black belt. 
Chuck Norris 

Rather than go to the gym, I would prefer to do martial arts because the time goes by quicker. 
Milla Jovovich 

There is also a strong following among the urbanites on the East Coast when it comes to martial arts films. 
Donnie Yen 

I'm learning as much martial arts as I possibly can. My show is packed with action. Enough to get a rise. 
Traci Bingham 

I'm learning as much martial arts as I possibly can. 
Traci Bingham 

For me, the martial arts is a search for something inside. It's not just a physical discipline. 
Brandon Lee 

I'm a huge boxing and mixed martial arts fan. 
Sung Hi Lee 

But my middle daughter, Kate, is very involved in martial arts, and I was just at one of her competitions. 
Meredith Baxter

No comments:

Post a Comment